2010 was a good year. A huge year. So much happened in 2010.
January 1st we started potty training C, and he was quickly "trained". It's hard to believe that was only a year ago....
February the Olympics came to Vancouver, we joined family to watch a local torchbearer run by, and John and I got to spend the day in Vancouver soaking up all the Olympic fun! We sold our house - and began the process of looking for a new house.
March 1st we moved into a condo while continuing the new home search. I turned 26, and John, baby girl and I took a quick trip down to Tulalip to do some shopping. John quite his job in Richmond, and took a new job in Abbotsford. No more commuting!
April - We bought our house, and started gutting and renovating. Huge job. We celebrated Easter, N's 1st birthday, and C's 3rd birthday!
June- We moved into our renovated house, and continued to make it our home. I started working a few shifts back at work.
July - We hosted two Japanese students for 3 weeks. Lots of trips to the beach and parks were made. We made use of our deck with friends and family, and ate lots of Popsicles and freezies, raspberries, and strawberries. (according to my pictures archives...) John and I celebrated our 5th anniversary.
August - John quit his job, and we decided to pursue the limo/bus business full time. We took a family trip to Mayne Island. The kids and I also headed to Mayne with some friends! I canned pickles and peaches with my mom, and C spent a week in Princeton with Opa and Oma.
September - John and I spent 3 nights in Penticton celebrating our Anniversary (a little late), and the kids stayed with Opa and Oma! C started preschool at Wind & Tide - one of the best decisions I made to transfer him there. It is such a wonderful place, and he loves it!
October - We celebrated Thanksgiving with family, and were so very thankful to welcome a healthy BOY cousin into the family. The kids dressed up and enjoyed Halloween =).
November - John went to Florida to pick up the newest addition to our limo fleet.
December - I (finally) finished the kids new playroom in the basement. We celebrated Christmas with family and friends. School concert, trip to Van Deusen Gardens, hosted a Christmas Eve party, and headed to Princeton to enjoy some snow and relaxation!
And now the New Year is here. Remembering 2010 and looking through the photos makes me a little sad to see it go. We were so blessed this past year.
That being said, I am also looking forward to settling into all the newness that 2010 brought. Enjoying our children, our home, and growing our business. Slowing down and taking it all in.
Happy New Year to you!
Plum Cake
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment