July 2005 - Married!
July 2006 - Pregnant with C!
April 2007 - C is born.....
July 2008 - Pregnant with N!
April 2009 - N is born......
This July would mark 4 years straight of my body being either pregnant or breastfeeding. Yes. Four years of using my own body to sustain another little humans life every single day!! The woman's body is a beautiful, amazing thing. It is like there is nothing more natural to use your body to sustain your own baby. And seeing a tiny babe grow from 8 lbs, into 20 lbs., and knowing it was all from the milk your body produced, tailored specifically for your baby, is an incredible feeling! I feel so blessed that my body was able to perform this task so well =).
But just a month short of that 4 year mark - my baby girl is weaned......at 14.5 months. And it's funny because, I didn't even really realize it for a few days. It was such a slow, smooth, and gradual progression, that all of the sudden I realized - I haven't nursed her in about a week!
And I don't really feel any different. Which is a little bit surprising. So here's to having a body that is just my own! For now anyways......(and hopefully for a while!!)
Plum Cake
3 days ago

I think because the weaning was so gradual it may take your body a bit of time to actually figure out that you're really through! Congrats on making it through those four years - you're a great mom!
ReplyDeleteWow that's hilarious!?
ReplyDelete