Saturday, November 7, 2009

The rest of the trip....

Thursday evening we headed to Outback, one of our favourite American restaurants - especially for the deep fried mushrooms appy. We order that every time =)

Then we headed to the space needle in the pouring rain. C had already had a melt down at the restaurant - the kind where I had to take him out, and into the car, and wait for John to finish his meal and pay. Fun times! We parked, and walking in the pouring rain to the needle. C had on a great rain jacket - and J was carrying him the whole time - and he was yelling "I want to go HOME". However, like great parents, we just kept heading to our destination. Waiting for the elevator inside he continued to yell his new mantra.....but once we got up to the top (the outside was closed because of the high winds) we explored then inside, and saw the city from way up - he was totally great! And of course - now the only thing he talks about over and over about out little trip is "The TALLLLL TALLLLL TOWER!!" I think he was more nervous of what was going to happen than anything!

It took him a while to settle down once we got back to the hotel - but once he fell asleep he was out - and long into the next morning. We were all awake, watching TV and getting ready around him, and he was still sleeping. Shocking for C as he is the lightest sleeper!

Friday we headed out first thing to Lauren's house! It was so much fun to see where they live - it is a super cute area with old beautiful homes, I love areas like that.....the kids played and had fun, and we got to catch up a bit!

We were then off to the zoo - which is another highly recommendable place!! We really enjoyed it - though it did start to POUR! And by the time we got back to the car, everyone was wet. I changed the kids into comfy dry clothes - changed my shirt - dried my hair, and headed back to the hotel to pick up J. The kids were both out within 20 min. and we made it all the way to Burlington before they woke up (over 2 hours later). I got to stop in at Carter's.....and shop. It was amazing - as it always is, and then we headed home!

It was a really fun getaway, and I am so glad I decided to go along with the kids. I was really debating at first - because I thought C might have a hard time sleeping, etc. but going to the museum, the space needle, seeing Lauren, and checking out the zoo was so much fun! I know this is a trip I will remember fondly for a long time to come!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the trip was such a success!(apart from the meltdown) Our trip to Seattle has definitely become one of my new favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to go! Kallista still talks about our trip to Seattle and we went back in May. Yah for making fun memories!

    ReplyDelete