Friday, January 29, 2010

(please check below if you are interested in a post about kitchens.)

Life.


It is finally feeling a bit less chaotic. Not less chaotic in the sense that my children are all of the sudden little docile angels, or that my house isn't a constant ticking time bomb just waiting to explode every time my kid(s) turn around to dump out another bucket of toys, or knock over a perfectly folded stack of laundry, and no, I have not found the way to effortlessly throw together perfect healthy meals for my family every night. No, not so much in that way.


More in the way that my mind feels settled. My thoughts were consumed the last few months with thinking about maybe going back to work, and trying to find a new job opportunity. I spent countless hours scouring websites and databases for some sort of career that would make sense for our family.


Nothing seemed right. And the worst part was, I wasn't appreciating the precious time I have with my kids. Right now. Everyday.


After looking at the options - we have decided for our family, it is best for me to stay home with our kids right now.


And from that day on - it is like my entire perception has changed. It was the hugest weight off my back (a weight that I wasn't even aware I had placed there). And now I am excited everyday I get to be home with my kids. My attitude about staying at home has totally shifted.


After all that searching for the perfect thing, the answer was right in front of me all along. Two of the most important assignments I will every have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment