Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olypmics, Flu, and Miracle drugs....

First off. The miracle drugs. When C started puking at around 2pm on Saturday afternoon - I knew it had to be the flu. This kid doesn't puke. So I rushed off to the health food store, after hearing about a natural medicine for kids. I asked the very helpful store clerk, and I was quickly on my way home with some Oscillococcinum. (click word to see a link). Seriously. Run out and get some to have on hand. There is also an adult version. N started puking about an hour later - and I gave them each their recommended dosage of the good stuff - and within 5 hours, all throwing up was over. C slept through the night to the morning - and was in good spirits. His appetite was still lacking, and he has been sleeping a lot ever since. But getting them to stop the throwing up is pretty much the best thing. Ever. Especially when your almost 3 year old refuses to use the bucket. Blah.

Most of the weekend was dealing with the flu. Though we did enjoy a family Valentine's day pizza party on Sunday evening! On Sunday night, when I started to feel the flu coming on, I downed the rest of the kid's medicine, and hoped for some reprieve. We had big plans for Monday, and I really didn't want to have to cancel! In the morning I felt good (besides being super tired at 5:30am). And got ready to head out to Vancouver with John for some Olympic fun! My MIL showed up before sunrise, and just the two of us headed out to the West Coast Express to go straight to the waterfront. What a great way to go! Very nice train, and very stress free! We saw some familiar faces, and sat down with some parents of a good friend of ours for the trip down.

It was really great to see everything up close, and take it all in! We went to the livecity site, watched the zip line, and the outdoor ice skating. My stomach was churning most of the day still, and so I wasn't in the most energetic shape. Too bad, but it was still fun.
We had bought tickets to go to the Men's Snowboard Cross on Monday morning. But after realizing what was all entailed with busing in (from SFU) and the length of the event, and then trying to get back to downtown from Burnaby after, we decided to sell them and just enjoy the day downtown. Luckily on Sunday afternoon I found a girl to buy the tickets, as her cousin was competing and they needed a few more for their family.

We went up to habrour centre for some appies at the end of the day, it was fun to have a bird's eye view of all of down town, and watch as thousands of people moved like tiny ants!

It was fun to enjoy a date day in this beautiful city!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun! glad you were able to enjoy it!! :) and glad to see the red mittens!

    ReplyDelete